This expedited program is designed specifically for practicing Allied Health Professionals. Students will use their extensive medical knowledge to further their skills in this career opportunity. This course is designed to give you the information and knowledge necessary to handle the activities associated with medical scribing and further reducing the administrative burden placed on your physician&,#146,s by today&,#146,s electronic medical record systems.
Students who complete this comprehensive course will receive a certification of completion and will be prepared to sit for the American College of Medical Scribe Specialists national certification exam.
Each component of the course will include a reading assignment, a PowerPoint to review, and a quiz that must be passed with 80% prior to moving on to the next component.
1. Medical Scribe Overview
2. MT/MA/AHP &, Scribe: The Differences
3. Electronic Health Records for Allied Health Professionals
4. Chart Elements and Guidelines for Reimbursement in the new world of ICD-10 and
5. Meaningful Use (coding/billing)
6. Fundamentals of Medical Decision Making (MDM), including common scenarios
7. Lab &, Diagnostic Studies Review
8. Translating Patient Speak into Medical Language
9. Navigating Today&,#146,s EHR During the Patient Encounter
10. Hands-on EHR practice with patient/provider encounter presentations
11. Final exam